Four Shires Guild of Bell Ringers

  1. TOC
  2. back
  3. next

From the Archives (100 yrs ago)

The Old Minute Book records the following for April 25th 1912:-

The 1912 Spring Meeting was held at Campden on April 25th, when a good attendance of members resulted in a very successful meeting. As usual, Competitions took place in Rising & Sinking, Round Ringing and Change Ringing. A special service was held in the Parish Church, the Vicar of Campden being the preacher. After Service, tea was served in the Northwick Arms Hotel, and a short business meeting then took place. Certificates were handed to the winners of the previous Competitions. In the absence of the President (Canon Houghton), the Rev O F Jacson took the Chair. The Hon Sec, Mr F D Case, handed in his resignation, as he was leaving the district. Mr A White was elected Sec in place of Mr Case & Mr H Janett continued to be Treasurer. It was agreed that the 1912 Autumn meeting be held at Longborough. With votes of thanks to the Chairman and best wishes to the late Secretary in his new work, the meeting closed.

(Signed as a true record at the following meeting)

Spencer Jones,